What is Compost?
Only aerobic decomposition methods render compost, anaerobic processes only inferior soil conditioners. In large scaleaerobic processes,decomposing organic material generates enough heat to destroy weed seeds andpathogens like E. Coli as well as insect eggs and larvae. Thus compost is naturally sanitized and, provides a high quality fertilizer which has numerous positive effects on the Ecosystem.
What is Compost good for?
- Slowly releases plant nutrition sothat less or no chemical fertilizer is needed
- Restores the balance of the soil’s ecosystem
- Supplies important minerals
- Neutralizes acidic soil
- Corrects the soil structure
- Increases biological activity in the soil
- Improves water retention
- Acts as disease / pest control
- Helps with erosion control
- Contains no pathogens or weed seeds
What makes TEMESI Compost special?
Recycled organic waste is the raw material for TEMESIcompost. Organic waste can be decomposed :
- Aerobically with oxygen. This yields genuine compost like TEMESI compost
- Anaerobically without oxygen. This yields only inferior soil conditioner
- TEMESI is one of the very few facilities in Indonesia that applies a genuine aerobic process with forced aeration. Blowers maintain aerobic conditions with at least 12% oxygen, which is measured daily
- An ISO 9000 type Quality System assures high quality. The process is continuously monitored and the final products are analyzed in the on-site laboratory
- Because aerobic decomposition avoids the strong greenhouse gas methane, the TEMESI facility receives Carbon Credits under the Clean Development Mechanisms (CDM) of the United Nation Framework Commission for Climate Change (UNFCCC)
Here weed seeds and pests fromorganic fertilizers that didn’t go through a hot sanitation process are visible. Weed competes for nutrients and must be removed.
This is the result with TEMESI Compost, which is genuine organic compost.Temperatures above 65 ºC for at least six days during the composting process assure that the compost is free of weed seeds, insect eggs or larvae and pathogens like E. coli. Also no phytotoxins are generated.
Where can you get TEMESI Compost?
TEMESI compost is sold in 5 and 20 kg bags or as bulk (tons or cubic meters). Smaller quantities are directly available. Large quantities of bags or bulk must be ordered. The TEMESI facility will also deliver compost.
TEMESI Recycling Facility (only bahasa Indonesia):
Phone: 0361-743 80 83
Our employees (only bahasa Indonesia):
I Wayan Cakra : 0819 1642 2795
Ni Nyoman Ari Astiti : 0813 5321 6954
Kadek Sri Nadi : 0852 3787 5385
Or from our distributors
Find their location on the left
Download Technical Notes and other information
There are a useful Technical Notes in English and bahasa Indonesia available in the download section. These Technical Notes about compost cover compost properties; applicationguidelines; specifications and information on the very low level of undesirable contaminants.
|Compost for Golf Courts and other turf
|Hoppers, stunt virus threaten Indonesian
Marketing Compost in Nepal by Andreas Frömelt: